July 17, 2020

Dear ECEC Family,

We hope everyone is well! Thank you for your support as we have weathered the lockdown and cooperating and understanding as we reopened. As many of you know, Cuyahoga County remains at Level 3 in Governor DeWine’s Public Health Emergency Alert System. We were thankful this past week when the Governor did not move our county to Level 4. At Level 4, the spread of COVID-19 will be so severe that residents will be encouraged to leave home only for necessary supplies and services.   We need to have a plan in case this happens.

We met with the Board of Directors last night to put together a plan based on the health and safety of our children, families, and staff.  After much discussion it was decided that if Cuyahoga County is declared a Level 4 public emergency, ECEC will:

  1. Continue child care for the week this is declared, typically at the Governor’s Thursday News Conference.
  2. Cease all operations on the Monday following the designation of Level 4.  Teachers and staff will not be available to provide activities or zoom meetings.
  3. We will be closed for a minimum of two weeks as we assess the situation.
  4. After two weeks, if Cuyahoga County is moved to Level 3, we will re-open on the following Monday.
  5. If after two weeks, Cuyahoga County is still at Level 4, we will continue to assess the situation to decide when we will re-open.

We will not charge tuition during this time.  As a non-profit, we would be grateful if those families who are able to pay would continue to do so. This payment would be considered a donation.

If you have any questions please email both Beth and Michele.

Thank you for your continuing support of ECEC!

Stay Safe and Healthy!

Beth:   bprice@ececshaker.org  & Michele: mblock@ececshaker.org